I know that we’re well-beyond the “new year, new me” goal-setting attitude, but I still have a lot I hope to accomplish soon. There are quite a few things I want to accomplish over the course of the next few months. I will be moving out of my apartment around June, so many of these things (especially the “home” section) need to get done before the middle part of the year.
- Unhaul books I don’t want and bring them to used book stores and donation bins
- Organize my shelves in a way that actually makes sense and store some books in the closet
- Move books out of my apartment and into my parents’ houses for later use, hopefully
- Audit shelves completely by making sure things are in the right spot (very general upkeep)
- Add books to shelves where they aren’t labeled correctly, by genre, etc.
- Remove unhauled books from my own-physical shelf on Goodreads
- Rotate through my consideration and want-to-read shelves to eliminate books each year
- Books get removed from “consideration” and off GR completely at the beginning of the year
- Books get added to the “consideration” shelf from the “want-to-read” shelf in July/August
- Create a system for series tracking using a group’s tracker or my own shelves
- Organize and get rid of paperwork (old bills, pay stubs, etc.) that I don’t need anymore
- File relevant paperwork into a new filing system that is more portable and smaller
- Declutter the apartment by getting rid of things I don’t need, using storage, etc.
- Clean out the garage by donating old things, packing things up, and throwing things away
- Tidy up old blog posts where images are gone, formatting sucks, etc.
- Fix up categories for posts by eliminating some and revamping old links with new ones
- Add links to old reviews for Goodreads, Amazon, and B&N (from the pre-UBB days)
- Eliminate and fix old blog pages, not posts, because some are not needed
- Delete unnecessary drafts that I probably won’t ever finish and post
- Make a full budget using some app or system to make sure I’m not overspending; stick to it!
- Set up automatic payments for certain things each month, to keep it easy and save money
- Pay down credit card debt and look into moving some to an interest-free card for a while