Top Five Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit
AND Top Five Characters Who I Would Totally Want To Be For Halloween
I’m cheating and combining the two prompts for today, because they both seem too fun! I don’t read a lot of spooky books or watch scary movies, so five should be a manageable amount. The other five items will be five characters I’d want to be for Halloween!
Halloween Movies, Shows, and Books
- American Horror Story: This has become a staple during October for the past few years. The first three seasons are on Netflix, and the current season is on TV right now. They use the same cast each season but they are different characters in different stories each year. The first season was about a haunted house, the second about an insane asylum, the third about witches, and the fourth about a freak show.
- Halloweentown movies: These Disney channel movies are the BEST. The first Halloweentown movie is obviously better than the rest, but the second and third are decent too. They changed the main character for the fourth one, which is really stupid, but whatever. You know you need to watch them regardless!
- Tower of Terror: This was another Disney movie, featuring a young Kirsten Dunst. A girl and her uncle investigate a 60 year old mystery in an old, haunted hotel. It’s definitely more cheesy than I remember, but I still have to watch it every year.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children: This book is more creepy and eery than anything. I was expecting it to be much scarier than it actually was! Still, definitely a GREAT spooky read for Halloween. I can be read pretty quickly too.
- Dangerous Boys: Not exactly a scary Halloween book, but a pretty “tame” thriller to get you creeped out about humanity. I read this book within a day because I could not put it down. The book starts with the ending and intermixes some chapters that bring you through the fateful night, the present day, and the past. So addicting and creepy! Read this if you want to lose faith in the human race.
Character Halloween Costumes
- Hermione from Harry Potter: I actually dressed up as something that people thought was Hermione a few years ago. In college, my friends and I did a group costume where we all dressed up as members of a wedding party (bride, groom, maid of honor, best man, and priest)… I went as the groom, which apparently looks like Hermione. When you’re a girl wearing a dress shirt, blazer, tie, and skirt, I can kind of see the resemblance.
- Gemma from A Great and Terrible Beauty: Ummm how cool would it be to dress like you’re from the 1800’s for a night? Pretty cool. Big dresses sound kind of fun.
- Kinsley from Scoring Wilder: Dress up as a soccer player and you’re done. Plus, if anyone asks, you’re an Olympic hopeful and dating soccer’s hottest bad boy. In other words, you’re more than just a regular old soccer player 😉
- Cammie from the Gallagher Girls series: Dressing up as a Gallagher Girl would be pretty easy – just wear a school uniform and some spy gear. It’s a nice twist on the classic school girl uniform because you’re also a BADASS spy-in-training.
- Jordan from Catching Jordan: You can see my character costume below for Jordan. She was the female QB for the Hundred Oaks football team, hoping to go to Alabama for college. If you’ve read the book, you’ll understand the other references in the picture! I guess I couldn’t resist the urge to show off my little Polyvore creation again.
Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we give our top ten books to answer each prompt. The topics are provided ahead of time and can be found here.
Dangerous Boys and Dangerous Girls does make you question humanity. It’s a scary in that way! 😀
Haha I still need to read Girls!!
I’m seeing Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children on a lot of lists today!
It was such a pleasant surprise! I wasn’t sure if I would like it but it really exceeded my expectations. Just enough weirdness/creepiness but not scary.
I want to read Dangerous Boys and I love Catching Jordan!
You have a great list today! I LOVE Halloweentown, but haven’t seen the last one because it seemed too strange for me that the actress who plays the main character changed!
Ugh i know it was a dumb move on their part haha. They shouldn’t have made one at all. But I always include all four in my lists anyways! Haha
I haven’t seen any of the Halloweentown movies but now I really want to watch them. Great list!
They’re the BEST.
[…] Books/Movies to Read/Watch for Halloween & Characters I’d Be for Halloween Halloween/Fall Books My Favorite Halloween Costumes Over the Years & Paired Books Bookish Costume Ideas […]