Here are the rules:
- It may be a physical ARC or and eARC but it MUST be an ARC
- Yes it can be an ARC that has released as long as it’s an ARC I’m not going to nitpick much
- HAVE FUN WITH THIS! Feeling like you are being “forced” to read is the best way turn a fun event into a yucky obligation.
- Update post! I personally will do a post for each Saturday in August but that’s just me. You can update once a week, every other week or once for the whole darn event. This update can be in the form of a blog or tumblr post, vlog, link to your “ARC August 2015″ shelf or even an instagram pic! I want to make this as easy and low pressure as possible for you.
Because I have a really big potential TBR below, I honestly don’t expect to finish all of these. My goal is to finish about half of the books in each category:
- At least 3 books from my BEA haul → Finished 0
- At least 2 books from my other physical ARC pile → Started 1
- At least 2 books on my Kindle (eARCs) → Finished 1, Started 1
TBR to Choose From
BOOKS FROM BEA → Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo | The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow | Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld | Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins | Juniors by Kaui Hart Hemmings |Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson | Newt’s Emerald by Garth Nix … PHYSICAL ARCS → Firewalker by Josephine Angelini | Tonight the Streets are Ours by Leila Sales | Broken Homes and Gardens by Rebecca Kelley | Come Away with Me by Karma Brown … KINDLE E-ARCS → Most Likely to Succeed by Jennifer Echols | Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius | The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald | The Sister Pact by Stacie Ramey | Has to be Love by Jolene Perry
What I Finished & Started
As much as I wanted to kill it at ARC August, I kind of had a feeling that wasn’t going to happen. This was my first month where I had VERY few reading obligations – realistically, only two – so I wanted to take some time to read books I really wanted to read. ARCs just weren’t on my radar. And then, when I may have considered ARCs, I wanted to read something totally different during Bout of Books. I’m impressed I managed to pull off reading these at the end of the month though! I read Most Likely to Succeed while reading another book, since I like to have an eBook going on my Kindle for late nights. I started Broken Homes & Gardens on the 29th and will have finished it by the time this post goes live (hopefully! If not, definitely by the last day of the month 😉 ). I also started Anne & Henry to have another eBook going.