After expressing an interest in finding a “reading buddy,” I had quite a few people apply to join me! It was a hard decision because I really wanted to partner with everyone, but I knew I would be taking on too much. I decided to partner up with two of the bloggers who applied. I do plan to do something with everyone who applied, because this really was a hard choice – keep an eye out from me in the future!
Who are my buddies?
- Cristina from Girl in the Pages || Cristina has such a cute blog that I’ve admired for a while! As you can tell, I’m a big fan of using hearts everywhere on my blog too 😉 She posts incredibly insightful and thought-out reviews. Our TBR lists look really compatible and she brought up some great ideas I hadn’t considered yet for Book Buddies. Cristina and I will focus on standalones and seasonal reads. You can see our partner posts in October, December, February, April, June, and August!
- Kaitlin from Next Page Please! || Kaitlin reads a lot of the same books as I do and cleverly splits her reviews into a Non-Spoiler and Spoiler section; I love this when I’m reading the review for a book I’ve already read! She suggested some books I’ve wanted to read for a while, so hopefully we can cross those off our TBR lists finally! Kaitlin and I will be embarking on a couple of series reads together. You can see our partner posts in November, January, March, May, July, and September!
What’s the deal?
- Each month I’ll be posting a discussion-style review with my Book Buddy. We’ll both read the book and then have a private discussion about it. We’ll post our discussion as a review on the 25th of each month. You’ll be able to see our similar/different opinions on the overall book, characters, writing style, etc. – just like a regular review.
- You’ll see the first half of our discussion on one person’s blog and the second half on the other blog. We’d love for people to check out our full conversation and not have to repeat posting the same content, so be sure to check both my blog and her blog on our post day!
- Otherwise, it’s not much different than a regular review! I’ll be posting the Book Buddies review just like it is a normal review on my normally scheduled review days. I hope you’ll get the same information out of it (except from two people!) as you would a normal review.