Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we make LISTS of our top ten books based on that week’s prompt… and then we stalk other people’s answers to add a million books to our TBR. The topics are provided ahead of time and can be found here.
OKAY so oddly enough, I prepared this post for last Friday, thinking it would be a neat little graphic to share for a discussion post… then I went on and found out it was the topic for this week’s TTT! The original topic is the top 10 books released in 2014 that I meant to read but didn’t. I tweaked it a little, so mine includes 14 books and may also include books from before 2014. Honestly too lazy to see when they were released!
Sometimes I look at my TBR and wonder how it’s possible that I haven’t read a certain book yet. When it was first released or I first heard of it, I was the most eager person in the world to get my hands on it. Maybe I even bought it. There are some books that have been at the forefront of my mind for months. I’ve pined over them. I’ve whispered “I’ll read you next” when I pass it in my list or in a store. I’ve read countless reviews on it. And yet…. I still haven’t read it.
Here are some of the books I cannot believe I didn’t read in 2014. I was so excited about them – obsessive even – and still never got to them. I’d like to say they’re my first priority for 2015, but who am I kidding?
- Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: Judging by how much I loved Since You’ve Been Gone and Second Chance Summer, I really need to get going on this one.
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas: Everyone and their mother was pushing this one in 2014! I already own the audio and e-book for the first book and have the e-book of novellas.
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: This is one I kept saying I would read next… and didn’t.
- Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour: This has been on my TBR since even before my blog!
- Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot: Oh god I wanted this book for so long and finally splurged on it, thinking I’d read it right away. I truly can’t believe that I didn’t read it the second I opened the package. I’m pretty sure this is a situation where I don’t want the book to disappoint.
- Parallel by Lauren Miller: Another that’s been on my TBR for a while. I got it in my Uppercase box recently and need to read it! You know how I feel about parallel universe books, folks.
- The Girl Who Never Was by Skylar Dorset: I NEED FAERIE BOOKS BACK IN MY LIFE.
- My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal: TI think this book was a miss for a lot of people, but a feww ended up liking it. I’m very intrigued and it’s been on my list for a while.
- The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder: On my TBR before I started my blog, part two.
- My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak: No excuses. I’ve wanted to read this one for a while.
- The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle: I really like Lauren Myracle and this was on my list before my blog, part three.
- The F-It List by Julie Halpern: Pre-blog, part four.
- Nantucket Blue duology by Leila Howland: I know I’ll love these so much! The e-book prices have been crazy and I didn’t want to buy hardcovers for these for some reason. I don’t have a real excuse. I’m dumb.
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simson: I own this one and have heard nothing but good things… I just haven’t read a lot of “adult” reads lately.