A Day in the Life (8/14/19)

Posted August 19, 2019 / Currently, Lifestyle, Personal / Information / Etc. / 4 Comments

True story: I’ve been attempting to write this post for a while now but I ALWAYS get halfway into my morning routine (or even arrive at work) when I realize I forgot to take photos of my day. I finally remembered to get an early start last Wednesday so here we are with a day in my life!

5:45 AM – 6:00 AM – Alarm goes off, venture downstairs

I went to bed fairly early last night so I set my alarm accordingly. I usually like to wake up somewhere within the 6:00 hour but love when I can get up even earlier. I like seven hours of sleep; any more or less than that isn’t great for me haha. I went downstairs and chatted with Chris, who was starting his morning routine. I made my coffee and went back upstairs.

6:00 AM – 7:30 AM – Lounge in bed

I will usually do a number of things in the morning before work, like update my bullet journal, watch YouTube or a television show, or read a book. Sometimes I just play Candy Crush and call it a day lol. This morning, I put YouTube on while updating my bullet journal with the book I had finished the day before. I caught up with Kristen and a few others I’ve been into lately for Amazon hauls and more lifestyle-oriented content. When I finished the bujo, I just scrolled on my phone and played Candy Crush while YouTube played in the background. I just need some time to myself before work – I don’t care how I spend it!

7:30 AM – 9:00 AM – Get ready for work, commute

I will get out of bed and hop in the shower at 7:30 when I’m doing a full face of makeup, but can usually be lazy until 8:00 when I’m doing my half-assed makeup (meaning I have no plans after work that require looking like a real human). Because we had dinner reservations after work, I was definitely making an effort today! I will usually listen to podcasts or audiobooks in the morning while I shower, get ready, and commute. Sometimes I’ll watch a show or YouTube while applying my makeup but today was a podcast-only morning. So I hopped out of the shower, did the whole makeup thing, used my Revlon One-Step to get my hair 75% dry, and pulled my lunch together from the fridge. I left at 8:30, made a stop at the ATM, and then continued into the office.

9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Get settled at work, eat a snack, have more coffee

I’m a recruiter so I usually spend my mornings parsing new resumes into our database, attaching them to job pipelines, replying to and/or reading emails, and just getting myself set up for the day. I made an invoice for a person I have starting on Monday, got some new jobs in from another client, and started sourcing new candidates for jobs. Chris cut me some watermelon as a snack so I ate that along with my second (and final) cup of coffee for the day. I always have one first thing when I wake up and another when I first arrive to work. Sometimes I’ll have a half-caff in the afternoon but I think I’ll be good today. I also checked my Artful Agenda to see what was on the docket for today, in terms of to-dos and payments coming out of my account. You’ll also see part of my OOTD, which is a pink fitted maxi dress that I finally got back from the tailor – it was a million feet too long so I needed it hemmed!

12:00 PM – 1:45 PM – Eat lunch, run errands on lunch break

Chris and I are still eating leftover Summerslam foods, which means yes… I did have enchilada dip with chips and peppers for lunch. Criticize if you wish but honestly? All of the food groups are there and it’s technically a low-point WW dip because of the many zero point ingredients. After eating, my boss and I coordinated running out for errands during lunch. We always have random things to go do because the office is in a town where there’s every store and restaurant imaginable. I do 90% of my grocery shopping and errands during my lunch breaks so I don’t have to come back out here on the weekends. Today’s errands included picking up some batteries for the office and grabbing a few things I needed. It took me forever to figure out what I wanted to do during my lunch break today because I had a lot of random things I COULD buy but wasn’t sure when to buy them. I ended up going to Target so I could get a few items to make smoothie bowls for breakfast (granola, nuts, etc.) and other necessities.

1:45 PM – 5:00 PM – Finish up work

Today was a light day without any real meetings or phone calls scheduled. A lot of my recent jobs were just buttoned up so I’m in the process of starting anew with other positions that just came up. That means I’m in the early stages of the recruiting cycle and focusing on sourcing possible candidates from resume libraries and our database.

5:00 – 6:30 PM – Head home, stop to see a friend, leave for dinner

I left at 5:00 and stopped at the nail salon next to my work to see my friend. She was in town for a few days for her cousin’s wedding so I was able to say hi for 30 minutes when she finished up over there. I kind of rushed home after that, listening to podcasts as usual on my commute. I got home at 6:00 and Chris was showering to get ready for dinner. Our reservations were at 7:00 on the outskirts of Hartford so we left the house right before 6:30.

6:30 PM – 8:30 PM – Dinner at USS Chowder Pot

We made reservations at the USS Chowder Pot because they were running a special in August. It featured some menu items for their 1994 prices in honor of their anniversary. We had decided to really load up on seafood and a bit of steak because for those prices, why not!? We were hoping to have leftovers but we only ended up bringing home the random side dishes we ordered and didn’t get to. We ordered lobster bisque and clam chowder to start, then we split lazy man’s lobster, seafood pot pie, and filet mignon. Everything was quite tasty! We were there for about an hour and then headed home.

8:30 PM – 10:00 PM – Relax at home, watch Hard Knocks

I took my makeup off and we settled in for the night. We ALMOST stopped for ice cream on the way back but decided to just eat what was in the freezer. We put on the latest episode of Hard Knocks: Oakland Raiders, which has been interesting so far. I’m partial to the Raiders because my dad loves them, which helps, but they’re such a fascinating organization. The additions of Gruden as coach and Antonio Brown have led to a lot of interesting plot points throughout their training camp. After finishing the episode, I was kind of lazy on my phone while Chris watched some YouTube. I was super tired so I went up to bed around 10!

10:00 PM – 10:30 PM – Lounge in bed while reading, sleep!

I forgot I still had one more chapter in Ironside for the Faerieathon readalong, so I read that on my iPad. Chris came up soonafter and we hit the sack for the night! Day complete.

4 responses to “A Day in the Life (8/14/19)

  1. I love Hard Knocks! I’m a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, so I’m not the biggest AB fan at the moment, but want the best for him at the same time. He just needs to humble himself and get his priorities straightened out a bit. It is fascinating to see how each organization differs season to season on the show, and I always find myself with favorite rookies I’m pulling for to make the team and then cheer for during the regular season.

Leave a Reply

(Enter your URL then click here to include a link to one of your blog posts.)

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.