Here is my first ever Book Haul! I’m excited to share the books I’ve bought through the month of July. Because of my Kindle, and the fact that my financial situation isn’t looking so good, I don’t often buy copies of books like this. I hope I’ll be able to share a Book Haul each month, even if it just ends up being e-books. Well, without further ado, here are the books I’ve purchased in the month of July, where I bought them, and why. Let me know in the comments if you’ve read any of these!
Niantic Book Barn in Niantic, CT
This is the most amazing used book store. There’s a big barn (where the YA books are located), and a bunch of smaller shacks full of books. Everything has a great price and you could spend hours there.
- Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan
- I remember reading this book a long time time ago. I can’t remember anything about it, but I vividly remember that cover. I have been wanting to get back into some of the faerie-related fantasy books I used to like. This book was only $1
- Never Have I Ever (My Life So Far Without a Date) by Katie Heaney
- Katie Heaney writes a memoir about her life, and how she hasn’t had a second date in her 24 years. Most of the reviews seem pretty positive and the plot summary promises that its laugh-out-loud funny at times.
- The Purple Emperor by Herbie Brennan
- Book 2 in the Faerie Wars series
Bookmark It in Enfield, CT
The mall near my hometown is notoriously shitty. Almost every chain store in the mall has closed by now and there are just a few stores left. Thank god this one is still here. They have tons of books of all kinds…all 2 for $5. The books are slightly (barely) damaged, which is why they are able to sell them so cheap. That normally just means that the covers are a little ripped or bent.
- Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz
- I love this television show and thought I may as well give the books a try.
- Vengeance by Kate Brian
- If you’ve been paying any attention to my blog so far, you know how much I love my girl Kate Brian. I still have to finish the Private series (three books left, including the prequel), so I finally decided to grab the last book in anticipation of finally finishing the series. It took a weird turn at the end of the last book I finished so I’ve been delaying it.
- Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
- A girl wakes up from a drunk driving accident and can’t remember anything from the night it happened. Seemed interesting enough.
- Ruler of the Realm by Herbie Brennan
- Book 3 in the Faerie Wars series
Barnes & Noble
- Everything We Ever Wanted by Sara Shepard
- Love me some Sara Shepard. I’ve been eyeing this one for a while.
- There’s Cake in my Future by Kim Gruenenfelder
- This book looked really cute. A girl puts different charms into a cake for her friends to try to change their luck in certain areas of their lives. The cake gets rotated and no one pulls the correct charm. The future begins changing for each girl based on the charm they pulled.
Random Toy Store in the Mall
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- I’ve been wanting to get back into books by Jodi Picoult for a while. It’s crazy how much research she clearly puts into each book, with all of the legal and/or medical jargon, but they are still totally readable.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- This book has gotten a lot of great reviews, so I wanted to give it a shot. I’m not sure it sounds like something I would pick up otherwise – but sometimes you gotta follow the hype.