The Bookmark Lit Bulletin is a bi-monthly feature where I look back on everything I did and everything I plan to do next. Instead of participating in some of the popular weekly memes, I combine it all into two bulletins per month: one at the mid-month mark and one on the final day of the month. You can learn more and see past Bookmark Lit bulletins here!This month has been fun so far. I only have one family member left to buy Christmas gifts for and he’s going to be easy to shop for. Otherwise I’m completely done! I told my stepmom that I was going to buy my little sister a Kindle for Christmas when they were $49 for Black Friday, but I ended up waiting too long. The price went back up to $79 and I was completely bummed. Luckily, I decided to hold off a little longer, and I went back on Amazon today… Kindles back on sale for $59! I quickly didn’t wait around any longer and bought it. I love that there’s a payment plan option now, so I’m able to finance it out for free over the next few months. It made things a lot easier. This past weekend, I went to Providence for an ugly sweater party with my friends, and then came back for (another) Mary Kay party. It was my second one in the past three weeks. I like the products though, so I can’t complain too much! I’ll tell you more about all of these events on this week’s Five on Fridays post 😉
- Holiday Review: Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares ★★★★
- 200 Word Review: The Scorch Trials ★★★½
- Holiday Review: Ex-Mas ★★★★
- Holiday Review: Let It Snow ★★★★½
- Review: Vicious ★★★★
- Holiday Review: A Christmas to Remember ★★★★½
- Holiday Review: Mistletoe ★★★
Of course my most popular post this month so far was the Getting to Know You Blog Hop and Giveaway. People also enjoyed the top reactions or thoughts I have while reading. That was a fun post to write, so I’m glad others checked it out! My Top Ten Tuesday post about books I’m looking forward to reading in 2015 was also well-received. I love that meme because it brings so many people together! I also signed up for two challenges and posted about them – the Reread Challenge and the Fairy Tale Retelling Challenge. For a full list of my 2015 year-long challenges, check here. My TTT about my Winter TBR was also viewed quite a bit. Another giveaway, Book Nerds Unite, involved 20 bloggers getting together and giving away some great prizes. Congrats to those who won!
- Series-a-Month Challenge – Check out my post here. I’ll be reading one series per month to help clear some of them off of my TBR list. You can keep up with my progress on this page. I successfully finished The Maze Runner trilogy in November but don’t think I’m going to get around to anything for December, unfortunately. I’ve been focusing so much on holiday reads instead.
- Holiday Bingo – Between now and the end of the year, I’ll be checking off boxes on my Holiday Bingo card. Here’s my progress so far:
- [Oct] Reread – I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
- [Oct] Romance – Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore
- [Oct] Witches – Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
- [Nov] Set during Christmastime – Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
- [Nov] Green cover – Ex-Mas by Kate Brian
- [Nov] “Ice,” “Snow,” or “Frost” in title – Let It Snow by John Green/Maureen Johnson/Lauren Myracle
- Nothing for December yet! Yikes.
- 2015 Challenges – Check out what challenges I’ve signed up for so far! This is my list of ongoing 2015 challenges.
Purchased Physical Books:
- Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot
- Splintered by A.G. Howard
- Love on the Lifts by Rachel Hawthorne
- Snowed In by Rachel Hawthorne
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han (I have the e-book of this one but couldn’t resist buying the physical copy when there was a sale. It’s too adorable!)
Purchased Kindle Books:
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- (Pre-order) Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
- A Christmas to Remember by Jenny Hale
Gifted Physical Books:
- Broke and Bookish Secret Santa – thank you Morgan!!
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
- Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally
- Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
- Becoming Books Book Exchange – thank you Katie!!
- The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard
Gifted Kindle books:
- 12 Days of Christmas Swap – thank you Jenna!!
- I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre
- Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando
- Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer
Library Books and Audio:
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (book)
- The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer
- Gone too Far by Natalie Richards via Netgalley AND Edelweiss
- Promposal by Rhonda Helms via Edelweiss
- Most Likely to Succeed by Jennifer Echols via Edelweiss
For the next part of the month, I am hoping to do a little more reading and get myself out of this mini-slump. I find that when I’m reading books that I have deadlines for, I don’t want to read. Even though the books I’m reading are just holiday-themed books and I shouldn’t feel pressure to get them done, I still do. The new organizational methods I’ve been using to read are also freaking me out. I have planned out what I’m reading a little too much, so I need to figure out a better way of doing it. Hopefully over the next month I can develop that system a bit better. My goals for rest of December and 2014!
- Finish my Gallagher Girls reread via audio
- Plan what I’m going to read for Bout of Books
- Make sure my final book of 2014 is one I’ve been REALLY looking forward to