#MakeMeRead tag on Twitter/Instagram
Check out the intro pages (Val’s or Ely’s) and the rules below:
Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you’ve borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I’d pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten.
Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read.
When the read-a-thon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there’s a tie, then it’s your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible.
Now help me choose the books!
I have quite a few books I’ve been saying that I NEED to read – primarily the three library books sitting in my living room – and just never get around to it. I have soooo many of them. During this time period I’ll be also reading my Book Buddies pick for the month (The Treatment by Suzanne Young), so I’m not going to have you vote on that. Just know that it’ll be happening 😉
Most of the books here, aside from the library ones, are books that I just had to run out and buy and still haven’t read… or ones that are highly regarded by everyone else but I haven’t gotten to yet!
This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Anne Aguirre
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi (not pictured)
Books I Own
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne
I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
Girl Before a Mirror by Liza Palmer
Before I Go by Colleen Oakley
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
What do you think?! Which have you read? Force me to read some great books next week by voting below!
Which books should I read? (Limit of 5 picks!)
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (16%, 15 Votes)
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (13%, 12 Votes)
- I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios (13%, 12 Votes)
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West (11%, 10 Votes)
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz (11%, 10 Votes)
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (8%, 8 Votes)
- This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner (6%, 6 Votes)
- We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach (6%, 6 Votes)
- The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne (6%, 6 Votes)
- The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi (3%, 3 Votes)
- The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre (2%, 2 Votes)
- The Summer After You and Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski (2%, 2 Votes)
- Before I Go by Colleen Oakley (2%, 2 Votes)
- Girl Before a Mirror by Liza Palmer (1%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 26