I was given the letter R by The Broke and The Bookish! For your letter, you share your favorite book, author, song, film, and thing that start with that letter. Interested in participating in this book tag? Comment on this post and I’ll give you a letter!
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
Apparently 8 out of the 10 “R” books I’ve read are located in the middle of a book series. So, here’s my favorite standalone book! This is a chick-lit book, which I don’t read too often, but I love Sophie Kinsella. This was a cute story about a girl waking up and suffering from amnesia. She doesn’t remember the last three years, which includes her multimillionaire husband and the new life she is leading. I honestly don’t remember too much plot-wise about this book, but I just know it put a smile on my face (as her books normally do!)
DUH! Do I really even need to explain this one? I actually did try to find an alternative author, just because I’ve really only read the Harry Potter books by her, but she’s pretty much the only option. Can’t say I’m surprised. I like Rainbow Rowell too, but I’ve only read one of hers so far.
Okay I have a hard time with narrowing down music because my tastes are so eclectic. Here are my top five.
- “Ramble On” by Led Zeppelin, because no artist will EVER compare to them.
- “Ransom” by Drake, because it reminds me of high school and bumping around in my car.
- “Reckless Abandon” by Blink-182, because their old music is perfect and they’ll be my favorite no matter how shitty their new music is
- “Riotmaker” by Tech N9ne, because I spent days memorizing all of the lyrics in high school. Yeah, I still know all of them.
- “Run Around” by Blues Traveler, because it reminds me of listening to 90’s music 24/7 with my friends in college.
Requiem for a Dream
Yeah this was a super fucked up and crazy movie. I literally had to look up movies starting with R and see which ones I’ve even watched. I’m a big fan of this one. Jared Leto is on point.
Haha, see what I did there? I’m sure by “thing” they mean object of some kind, but I was at a loss for that one. Reading is the most obvious answer but I don’t feel bad about choosing it… That is the point of this blog, after all.