Genres: Young Adult
Published by Penguin on April 2nd 2009
Also by this author: Emmy & Oliver
Format: Paperback (329 pages) • Source: Purchased
The wait is over for the paperback of this irresistible, fast-paced, hit-worthy debut! When funny, charming, absolutely-normal Audrey Cuttler dumps her boyfriend Evan, he writes a song about her that becomes a number-one hit?and rockets Audrey to stardom!
Suddenly, tabloid paparazzi are on her tail and Audrey can barely hang with her friends at concerts or the movies without getting mobbed?let alone score a date with James, her adorable coworker at the Scooper Dooper. Her life will never be the same?at least, not until Audrey confronts Evan live on MTV and lets the world know exactly who she is!
Review: In the simplest terms: this book made me smile and I enjoyed it. I wasn’t ever REALLY itching to read it though. Lately, the books I’ve been reading have been addicting and I would try to carve out as much time as possible to read. This one wasn’t exactly the same way and it took me too long to read.
Things I liked:
- It was really cute. I liked the general plot and the way it progressed.
- There were a few LOL moments.
- The characters were fun and EXTREMELY well developed.
Things I didn’t like:
- The humor felt forced at times. I wanted to roll my eyes at some of the jokes/conversations.
- While there were a lot of things that happened, it also kind of felt like nothing was really happening… if that makes sense.
- The description of the book lists something that doesn’t happen until literally one of the last chapters. I kept waiting for it the entire book and it almost felt like the description had a spoiler for the “big event” at the end.
Overall, the book didn’t WOW me but it also didn’t exactly disappoint me. I liked it and am glad I read it.