Usually I’m getting jazzed up for Christmas in September and forcing myself to wait until at least Halloween, but this year I’ve been feeling weird! I’m not super duper into the holiday spirit like I expected, post-Halloween. I’ve been listening to my holiday music since 11/1 and hopefully reading some holiday books at the end of the month PLUS decorating this week will be helpful. Here we go – onto the usual holiday fun and plans!
I’ve already read two holiday books (the two novellas below) and some of these are review copies. I thought it made more sense to hire new releases since I’m generally focusing on them!
I’m looking forward to reading A Princess for Christmas because Jenny Holiday has become a go-to author for me. There are a lot of books involving twelve things – The Twelve Dogs of Christmas, 12 Men for Christmas, and The Twelve Dates of Christmas. All sound great! I have review copies for the dog one, as well as In a Holidaze and Season of Joy. I read Booked for Christmas and The Christmas Wish already. The latter is a series-starter so I may read the first book and then read A Very Merry Match after. Two of my favorite holiday authors are at it again, so I’ll be reading Christmas at Fireside Cabins and Christmas at Holiday House. Finally, I just hope to read One Way or Another because it sounds cute.
Christmas in Vermont // Christmas Camp // Christmas Shopaholic
Prince in Disguise // 25 Days til Christmas // We Met in December
Most, if not all? of these are available on Scribd and/or Hoopla this season! I think many are audiobooks so we’ll see if I decide to purchase any and read physically, or maybe request from the library. Many are the same as last year because I never got to them.
I joined in a few holiday readathons / readalongs last year, so this is where I’ll keep my sign-ups, info about the challenges, TBR plans, etc. I plan to participate in as many as I can!
Tis the Season-a-thon
This readathon takes place from November 30th through December 6th and you can learn more on their Twitter or Instagram pages. Like many other challenges you’ll see below, they have a few categories or challenges to read during the readathon. They also have a group book selection to read with everyone. I decided to leave two open since I’m not sure what I’ll have time for, but luckily the two bookless prompts can have ANY of my other reads apply to them.
🎅🏼 Holiday-themed book: Any of these books!
🎅🏼 Book you meant to read this year: Any of the books on my TBR here
🎅🏼 Diverse book: From my EOY TBR: Sex and Vanity, A Pho Love Story, Snapped, Dear Justyce
🎅🏼 With lights on the cover: Christmas at Fireside Cabins, Season of Joy, In a Holidaze
🎅🏼 Cozy read: Christmas at Fireside Cabins, Season of Joy – we’ll see!
🎅🏼 Read the group book: In a Holidaze
There’s also an optional bingo card that I’m including because it seems fun and possible for me to complete!
View this post on Instagram
The Hallmark movies are looking pretty solid this year, as you saw in my recent 2020 holiday movie release post. I also looked at movies coming to theaters and on streaming platforms. Here are the movies I plan to watch this year – tried-and-trues plus new ones!
Most of these are Netflix originals that I didn’t get around to last year, but there are a handful of new ones too. There’s even a Hulu “original” that looks utterly amazing.
This is the same graphic every single year because I still managed to miss some last year, plus I want to rewatch others. I won’t get to all of these, of course, but hopefully most!
I like to include this section now because it allows you to see other book and movie reviews, as well as general holiday happenings around the blog. Hopefully you can use this post in general and the ones linked below to curate YOUR holiday reading or watching lists!
Intros and TBRs:
- 2014 Holiday Things
- 2015 Holiday Fun
- 2016 Holiday Books & Celebration
- Tis the Season | Holiday Plans and TBR 2017
- Tis the Season | Holiday 2018 Plans
- Holidays 2019 | To Read, Watch, etc.
- Holiday Movie Roundup Part 1
- Holiday Movie Roundup Part 2
- Holiday Movie Roundup Part 3
- Holiday Movies Watched in 2018
- Holiday Hallmark Movies
- Guide to Holiday Movies Releasing in 2019
- Christmas Movie a Day – Reviews
Posts, Discussions, and Tags:
- Favorite Holiday Books and Tropes
- The Christmas Tag
- Cozy Christmas
- Christmas Song Book Tag
- Favorite Ornaments and Holiday Decos
- Holiday Decor Home Tour
- Christmas Q&A
Readathons & Readalongs:
- 2018 Holiday Read-a-thon Tracker/Progress
- All Hale Xmas Wishes Read-a-long
- All I Want Forever Readalong
Top Ten Tuesdays:
- 2014 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2015 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2016 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- 2017 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2018 Under My Tree
- 2018 Cozy Winter/Holiday Reads
- 2019 Favorite Insta Posts (Holiday Reads)
- 2019 Gifts I Hope to Find Under my Tree
Book Reviews (alphabetical):
- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston
- Afterlife of Holly Chase, The by Cynthia Hand
- All I Want for Christmas by Jenny Hale
- Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
- Christmas on Mistletoe Lane by Annie Rains
- Christmas at Silver Falls by Jenny Hale
- A Christmas to Remember by Jenny Hale
- Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses by Jenny Hale
- Coming Home for Christmas by Jenny Hale
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares and The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
- Decked with Holly by Marni Bates
- Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin
- Coming Home for Christmas by RaeAnne Thayne
- Ex-Mas by Kate Brian
- Icing on the Lake by Catherine Clark
- It Started with Christmas by Jenny Hale
- Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson
- The Matchmaker’s Mistletoe Mission by Jaci Burton
- Mistletoe by Aimee Friedman, Hailey Abbott, Melissa de La Cruz, and Nina Malkin
- My New Crush Gave to Me by Shani Petroff
- My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
- Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
- Season of Second Chances by Brighton Walsh
- Season of Wonder by RaeAnne Thayne
- Snowfall on Cedar Trail by Annie Rains
- Snow in Love by Melissa de la Cruz, Nic Stone, Aimee Friedman, and Kasie West
- Snowed In by Rachel Hawthorne
- Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane by JoAnn Ross
- Together at Midnight by Jennifer Castle
- Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless by Liz Czukas
- A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan
- We’ll Always Have Christmas by Jenny Hale
- What Light by Jay Asher
- The White Christmas Inn by Colleen Wright
- Winter series by Elin Hildebrand: Winter Street, Winter Stroll, Winter Storms, and Winter Solstice