Usually I’m getting jazzed up for Christmas in September and forcing myself to wait until at least Halloween, but this year I’ve been feeling weird! I’m not super duper into the holiday spirit like I expected, post-Halloween. I’ve been listening to my holiday music since 11/1 and hopefully reading some holiday books at the end of the month PLUS decorating this week will be helpful. Here we go – onto the usual holiday fun and plans!
Here’s a roundup of ALL of the holiday books I may read, including review copies (both backlist and current year), new releases, and backlist titles that have intrigued me.
I have one or two review copies from last year and then the rest were this year’s holiday releases. As usual, most come out in October or November and I’m always late to read them. I definitely will be getting to all of the 2021 holiday ARCs I have though because I’m super excited for them!
I usually know that I’ll only get to a couple new releases that aren’t review copies, just based on timing of reading! However, I decided to keep a bunch of them here to browse and remind myself. There are a TON of amazing holiday books – I think I’ll go ahead and request some of these from the library!
I didn’t read any of the backlist copies I had on here last year, and so many keep carrying over! The two books in the right column are 2020 releases I didn’t get to, so we’ll see.
I join holiday-themed readathons or challenges each year usually, but I haven’t yet identified any for this year. Not sure if they just haven’t been announced yet or if I haven’t seen them… I’ll do some investigating soon!
Check out my full list of 2021 releases HERE!
Here are some upcoming holiday movies I’m excited to watch this year, plus others I may have missed from the previous years. I’m not including Hallmark movies here just because I will probably watch as many as possible, and I may keep track in another blog post like I’ve done in the past to round up weekly.
These are upcoming or previously released Netflix movies I haven’t gotten to yet. There are a number of great-sounding movies here but for whatever reason, we watch some of our old favorites and don’t watch newer movies unless they’re Hallmark.
This is the same graphic every single year because I still managed to miss some last year, plus I want to rewatch others. I won’t get to all of these, of course, but hopefully most!
I like to include this section now because it allows you to see other book and movie reviews, as well as general holiday happenings around the blog. Hopefully you can use this post in general and the ones linked below to curate YOUR holiday reading or watching lists!
Intros and TBRs:
- 2014 Holiday Things
- 2015 Holiday Fun
- 2016 Holiday Books & Celebration
- Tis the Season | Holiday Plans and TBR 2017
- Tis the Season | Holiday 2018 Plans
- Holidays 2019 | To Read, Watch, etc.
- Holidays 2020 | To Read & Watch
- Holiday Movie Roundup Part 1
- Holiday Movie Roundup Part 2
- Holiday Movie Roundup Part 3
- Holiday Movies Watched in 2018
- Holiday Hallmark Movies
- Guide to Holiday Movies Releasing in 2019
- Guide to Holiday Movies Releasing in 2020
- Christmas Movie a Day – Reviews
Posts, Discussions, and Tags:
- Favorite Holiday Books and Tropes
- The Christmas Tag
- Cozy Christmas
- Christmas Song Book Tag
- Favorite Ornaments and Holiday Decos
- Holiday Decor Home Tour
- Christmas Q&A
Readathons & Readalongs:
- 2018 Holiday Read-a-thon Tracker/Progress
- All Hale Xmas Wishes Read-a-long
- All I Want Forever Readalong
Top Ten Tuesdays:
- 2014 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2015 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2016 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- 2017 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2018 Under My Tree
- 2018 Cozy Winter/Holiday Reads
- 2019 Favorite Insta Posts (Holiday Reads)
- 2019 Gifts I Hope to Find Under my Tree
- 2020 Books I Hope Santa Brings
- 2020 Holiday Freebie – Favorite Books
- 2015 Home for the Holidays at What Sarah Read
- 2016 Home for the Holidays at What Sarah Read
- 2019 Bookish Little Christmas at That Artsy Reader Girl
Book Reviews (alphabetical):
- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston
- Afterlife of Holly Chase, The by Cynthia Hand
- All I Want for Christmas by Jenny Hale
- Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
- Booked for Christmas by Lily Menon
- Christmas at Holiday House by RaeAnne Thayne
- Christmas at Fireside Cabins by Jenny Hale
- Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin
- Christmas at Silver Falls by Jenny Hale
- A Christmas to Remember by Jenny Hale
- Christmas on Mistletoe Lane by Annie Rains
- The Christmas Wish by Melinda Curtis
- Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses by Jenny Hale
- Coming Home for Christmas by Jenny Hale
- Coming Home for Christmas by RaeAnne Thayne
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares and The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
- Decked with Holly by Marni Bates
- Ex-Mas by Kate Brian
- Icing on the Lake by Catherine Clark
- In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren
- It Started with Christmas by Jenny Hale
- Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson
- The Matchmaker’s Mistletoe Mission by Jaci Burton
- Mistletoe by Aimee Friedman, Hailey Abbott, Melissa de La Cruz, and Nina Malkin
- My New Crush Gave to Me by Shani Petroff
- My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
- One Way or Another by Kara McDowell
- A Princess for Christmas by Jenny Holiday
- Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
- Season of Joy by Annie Rains
- Season of Second Chances by Brighton Walsh
- Season of Wonder by RaeAnne Thayne
- Snowfall on Cedar Trail by Annie Rains
- Snow in Love by Melissa de la Cruz, Nic Stone, Aimee Friedman, and Kasie West
- Snowed In by Rachel Hawthorne
- Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane by JoAnn Ross
- Together at Midnight by Jennifer Castle
- Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless by Liz Czukas
- The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Jenny Bayliss
- A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan
- We’ll Always Have Christmas by Jenny Hale
- What Light by Jay Asher
- The White Christmas Inn by Colleen Wright
- Winter series by Elin Hildebrand: Winter Street, Winter Stroll, Winter Storms, and Winter Solstice
Ahhh I know I can always count on you for holiday recs!! 😀 I am really interested in THE MATZAH BALL!
Honestly, I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it’s ALREADY the holidays, where did the year go?!