I’m actually more behind than usual on holiday things. I try to start watching movies and listening to music right after Halloween but it’s been a weird year that’s going by way too quickly! I hope to start making some headway this weekend (with movies and music at least) and maybe start my first holiday book next week! Here are my reading and watching plans for this season.
Here’s a roundup of ALL of the holiday books I may read, including review copies (both backlist and current year), new releases, and backlist titles that have intrigued me.
This year I only have four holiday review copies – I tried to keep the amount lower than usual because my reading life has been shitty. Really excited for all of these though!
These are the top holiday books that are intriguing to me this year. I know for sure I’ll get to the new Maggie Knox and Jenny Holiday, but the others – we’ll see!
Way more backlist than usual – I even deleted some of the older ones because I just know it ain’t happening. Some of these remain from the past few years just as a reminder. I think I’ll definitely read the 2021 Jenny Bayliss and probably the Codi Hall since I have the second companion book for review this year.
I join holiday-themed readathons or challenges each year usually, but I haven’t yet identified any for this year. Not sure if they just haven’t been announced yet or if I haven’t seen them… I’ll do some investigating soon!
Check out my full list of 2022 releases HERE!
Here are some upcoming holiday movies I’m excited to watch this year, plus others I may have missed from the previous years. I’m not including Hallmark movies here just because I will probably watch as many as possible, and I may keep track in another blog post like I’ve done in the past to round up weekly.
These are upcoming or previously released Netflix movies I haven’t gotten to yet. There are a number of great-sounding movies here but for whatever reason, we watch some of our old favorites and I don’t watch newer movies unless they’re Hallmark.
This is the same graphic every single year because I still managed to miss some last year, plus I want to rewatch others. I won’t get to all of these, of course, but hopefully most!
I like to include this section now because it allows you to see other book and movie reviews, as well as general holiday happenings around the blog. Hopefully you can use this post in general and the ones linked below to curate YOUR holiday reading or watching lists!
Intros and TBRs:
- 2014 Holiday Things
- 2015 Holiday Fun
- 2016 Holiday Books & Celebration
- Tis the Season | Holiday Plans and TBR 2017
- Tis the Season | Holiday 2018 Plans
- Holidays 2019 | To Read, Watch, etc.
- Holidays 2020 | To Read & Watch
- Christmas in July: Upcoming 2021 Holiday Books
- Holidays 2021 | To Read & Watch
- Christmas in July: Upcoming 2022 Holiday Books
- Holiday Movie Roundup Part 1
- Holiday Movie Roundup Part 2
- Holiday Movie Roundup Part 3
- Holiday Movies Watched in 2018
- Holiday Hallmark Movies
- Guide to Holiday Movies Releasing in 2019
- Guide to Holiday Movies Releasing in 2020
- Christmas Movie a Day – Reviews
- Guide to Holiday Movies Releasing in 2021
Posts, Discussions, and Tags:
- Favorite Holiday Books and Tropes
- The Christmas Tag
- Cozy Christmas
- Christmas Song Book Tag
- Favorite Ornaments and Holiday Decos
- Holiday Decor Home Tour
- Christmas Q&A
Readathons & Readalongs:
- 2018 Holiday Read-a-thon Tracker/Progress
- All Hale Xmas Wishes Read-a-long
- All I Want Forever Readalong
Top Ten Tuesdays:
- 2014 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2015 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2016 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- 2017 Books I’d Like Santa to Bring
- 2018 Under My Tree
- 2018 Cozy Winter/Holiday Reads
- 2019 Favorite Insta Posts (Holiday Reads)
- 2019 Gifts I Hope to Find Under my Tree
- 2020 Books I Hope Santa Brings
- 2020 Holiday Freebie – Favorite Books
- 2021 Fave Holiday Book Covers
- 2015 Home for the Holidays at What Sarah Read
- 2016 Home for the Holidays at What Sarah Read
- 2019 Bookish Little Christmas at That Artsy Reader Girl
Book Reviews (alphabetical):
- 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston
- Afterlife of Holly Chase, The by Cynthia Hand
- All I Want for Christmas by Jenny Hale
- Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
- Booked for Christmas by Lily Menon
- Christmas at Holiday House by RaeAnne Thayne
- Christmas at Fireside Cabins by Jenny Hale
- Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin
- Christmas at Silver Falls by Jenny Hale
- A Christmas to Remember by Jenny Hale
- Christmas on Mistletoe Lane by Annie Rains
- The Christmas Pact by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward
- The Christmas Village by Annie Rains
- The Christmas Wish by Melinda Curtis
- Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses by Jenny Hale
- Coming Home for Christmas by Jenny Hale
- Coming Home for Christmas by RaeAnne Thayne
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares and The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
- Decked with Holly by Marni Bates
- Duke, Actually by Jenny Holiday
- Ex-Mas by Kate Brian
- The Holiday Swap by Maggie Knox
- Icing on the Lake by Catherine Clark
- In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren
- It Started with Christmas by Jenny Hale
- Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson
- The Matchmaker’s Mistletoe Mission by Jaci Burton
- Mistletoe by Aimee Friedman, Hailey Abbott, Melissa de La Cruz, and Nina Malkin
- My New Crush Gave to Me by Shani Petroff
- My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
- No Ordinary Christmas by Belle Calhoune
- One Way or Another by Kara McDowell
- A Princess for Christmas by Jenny Holiday
- Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory
- Season of Joy by Annie Rains
- Season of Second Chances by Brighton Walsh
- Season of Wonder by RaeAnne Thayne
- Snowfall on Cedar Trail by Annie Rains
- Snow in Love by Melissa de la Cruz, Nic Stone, Aimee Friedman, and Kasie West
- Snowed In by Rachel Hawthorne
- Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane by JoAnn Ross
- Together at Midnight by Jennifer Castle
- Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless by Liz Czukas
- The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Jenny Bayliss
- The Twelve Dogs of Christmas by Lizzie Shane
- A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan
- We’ll Always Have Christmas by Jenny Hale
- What Light by Jay Asher
- The White Christmas Inn by Colleen Wright
- Winter series by Elin Hildebrand: Winter Street, Winter Stroll, Winter Storms, and Winter Solstice
Love Hard was really fun!
I look forward to your hooday posts each year! Love your holiday spirit and it helps me get even more into it. Thank you!